WATERLOO, Iowa (KWWL) — There was only minor damage after a solar panel on the roof of SingleSpeed Brewery, formerly the Hostess building, started sparking.
Fire crews were called to the building Saturday afternoon around 1:15 p.m.
According to Waterloo Fire, some of the wires connecting the panels started to spark and smoke. There was only minor damage to the panels and roof surrounding the wires. There was no damage to the building.
SingleSpeed staffers on scene said they are continuing to brew beer and offer curbside delivery at the moment due to the mandatory closure of bars and restaurants across the state.