The Cuyahoga County Solar Co-op
The Cuyahoga County Department of Sustainability and the nonprofit Solar United Neighbors are sponsoring free online workshops for consumers interested in solar power for homes and businesses.
The next round of meetings are scheduled for
* June 25 6:00 pm Rooftop Solar and Community Solar Workshop
Sign up to attend a workshop at Solarunitedneighbors.org/ohio
This is a great opportunity to learn about the financial incentives and savings offered by this environmentally friendly emerging technology without having to deal with a high pressure sales pitch.
Topics covered will include:
* How communities can save money and lessen CO2 emissions through Community Owned Solar Projects.
* The 26% Federal Solar Tax Credit.
* How to find out if your home is right for solar.
* Using Cuyahoga Countyâ€™s low interest HELP Loan Program to purchase a solar system.
* Technical issues, typical industry warranties,
* The cost of adding storage batteries or an electric car charging port.
* The cost savings involved in forming a buyerâ€™s co-op to solicit bids from installers.
Once the Co-op reaches a membership of 30 bids will be solicited from dozens of installers. Members will choose democratically from among various installers.
Co-op members save money by making a large scale purchase and taking advantage of other memberâ€™s expertise.
There is no obligation. Co-op members can quit at any time.
For more details go to Solarunitedneighbors.org/ohio