Dublin, May 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Smart Window Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global smart window market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, the global smart window market to grow at a CAGR of 18.8% during 2021-2026.
A smart window is a technologically advanced window system that can change its optical power. These windows are made of several layers of smart glass which turns from transparent to translucent to control the amount of sunlight and heat entering a room.
Presently, there are different types of glasses available in the market used for manufacturing smart windows including liquid crystal, suspended particle and micro-blinds. In recent years, these windows have gained immense popularity as they are considered a more efficient option for managing energy when compared to other systems like electric window shades.
Smart windows are incorporated with lighting and air conditioning control systems to ensure greater thermal and visual comfort for the occupants as well as to generate significant energy savings. Besides this, the integration of smart windows with the Internet of Things (IoT) has helped in providing users with improved manageability and configuring abilities.
These are some of the factors that are driving the growth of the market at the global level. Moreover, owing to increasing R&D activities, manufacturers are developing smart windows with electrochromic technology which helps the building owners and operators to conserve energy and minimize cooling, heating and lighting costs.
Similarly, products are being developed using perovskites that turn dark at high temperatures and can harvest solar energy like PV cells. However, the high switching costs from traditional glass windows to smart windows is relatively high, which acts as a significant hindrance to the market growth.
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Gentex Corporation, Glasnovations Ltd., Heliotrope Technologies, Pleotint, Ravenbrick LLC, Research Frontiers Inc., SAGE Electrochromics, Inc., Scienstry, Stellaris, Vista Window Company, ChromoGenics, Diamond Glass, EControl-Glas, Gesimat, Hitachi Chemical, Polytronix, etc
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global smart window market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global smart window industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global smart window industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global smart window industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global smart window industry?
- What is the structure of the global smart window industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global smart window industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global smart window industry?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Smart Window Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Breakup by Technology
5.5 Market Breakup by Type
5.6 Market Breakup by Application
5.7 Market Breakup by Region
5.8 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Technology
6.1 Suspended Particle Devices Light Modulator
6.2 Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal Devices Scanner
6.3 Electro Chromic
7 Market Breakup by Type
7.1 OLED Glass
7.2 Self-Dimming Window
8 Market Breakup by Application
9 Market Breakup by Region
9.1 North America
9.3 Asia Pacific
9.4 Middle East and Africa
9.5 Latin America
10 SWOT Analysis
11 Value Chain Analysis
12 Porters Five Forces Analysis
12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
12.4 Degree of Competition
12.5 Threat of New Entrants
12.6 Threat of Substitutes
13 Price Analysis
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 Market Structure
14.2 Key Players
14.3 Profiles of Key Players
14.3.1 Gentex Corporation
14.3.2 Glasnovations Ltd.
14.3.3 Heliotrope Technologies
14.3.5 Ravenbrick LLC
14.3.6 Research Frontiers Inc.
14.3.7 SAGE Electrochromics, Inc.
14.3.10 Vista Window Company
14.3.12 Diamond Glass
14.3.15 Hitachi Chemical
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vfrweq
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900